V Box Spreader
V Box Spreaders
Angelo's has a wide range of V-box spreaders manufactured by Buyers Products "Salt Dogg". They are available in steel, stainless steel, and poly construction. Driven by a gas 10.5 Intek Briggs & Stratton Engine, Hydraulic motor and even 12 volt electric motors.
Buyers Salt Dogg Poly Hopper, Electric Drive Spreader
The SaltDogg® spreaders is a completely self-contained, ultra-durable spreader unit designed for ice and snow control. The rugged design allows for use with salt or salt/sand mix, and is also ideal for broadcasting seed, fertilizer, game feed, etc. The complete assembly mounts easily on utility vehicles, or ¼-ton pickups, making it ideal for municipalities, shopping malls, industries, hospitals and private contractors.
Rotationally molded double-wall polymer unibody spreader with smooth angled walls to maximize material flow. Features integrated positive position mount system plus 4-piece ratchet tie-down kit. No drilling required. Molded fork slots in hopper makes for easy one man installation and removal; requires extended forks, or lift either series with 4-point tie downs.
Screw-type auger system travels the length of the hopper floor, providing maximum material flow at a continuous rate. An independent spinner/auger controller allows for both independent spinner speed and an infinitely adjustable ratio between spinner and auger.
Salt, 2.2 cu. ft. / minute; Salt-Sand, 1.3 cu. ft. / minute. Spread width is variable from 5 to 38 feet.
SPINNER CHUTE ASSEMBLY
An 11.5" polymer disc with four fins is connected to a 3/4" diameter shaft. The spreading material is guided from the stainless steel trough to the spinner plate through an enclosed heavy-duty poly chute and spinner assembly with an external deflector. The extra-wide adjustable deflector protects the rear and under carriage of the vehicle, and allows for complete directional spread control and full or compact spread. Total spread path ranges from 5' to 38'. A convenient spring-latch locking mechanism allows the spinner assembly to be easily removed for cleaning/storage.
Two ultra-quiet 12-volt DC direct-drive motors power the auger and spinner, and are encased in a heavy-duty poly housing along with the independently powered vibrator. The wiring harness is constructed of 10-gauge automotive wire with non-combustible sheathing (-50° to -105° C). An in-cab console features independent controls for the auger, spinner and vibrator.
1/4" black powder coated steel top screen. Heavy-duty poly-vinyl tarp with reinforced corners and tie-down kit. Heavy-duty 12 VDC vibrator, rated at 210 foot pounds for maximum performance. Spreader hold-down kit.
3/4 yd. Spreader SHPE0750: Overall Length, 53"; Width, 48"; Capacity Struck, 0.6 cu. yd.; Capacity Rounded, 0.75 cu. yd.; Recommended use, Utility Vehicles or ¼-Ton pickups.
1-1/2 yd. Spreader SHPE1500: Overall Length, 92" (requires 77" minimum bed length. Fits all 8' beds and most standard 6' beds); Capacity Struck, 1.45 cu. yd.; Width, 50.5"; Height, 37.5"; Recommended use, 3/4 or 1-Ton trucks.
2 yd. Spreader SHPE2000: Overall Length, 96" (requires 77" minimum bed length. Fits all 8' beds and most standard 6' beds); Capacity Struck, 2.00 cu. yd.; Width, 47.5"; Height, 40"; Recommended use, 3/4 or 1-Ton trucks above 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
4 yd. Spreader SHPE4000: Overall Length, 100" (Hopper 90"); Width, 74"; Height, 43"; Weight, 878 lbs.; Capacity Struck, 4.0 cu. yd.; Recommended Use, 1-Ton Dump Bodies.
Buyers Salt Dogg Steel or Stainless Steel V-Box Spreader
IDEAL FOR MEDIUM AND HEAVY DUTY COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS.
All hopper spreaders are completely self-contained, ultra-durable spreader units designed for ice and snow control. The rugged design allows for use with salt, sand and other materials. The complete assembly mounts easily on pickup, dump and platform trucks making it ideal for municipalities, shopping malls, industries, hospitals and private contractors.
STEEL MATERIAL HOPPER
Electrically welded 12-gauge ends and steel sides sloped at 45º are constructed with channel formed top edges. 12-gauge vertical supports add extra strength to the unit. The single lift point on the cross support beam is located at the unit's center of gravity to allow for easy loading and unloading. The floor is constructed of 10-gauge steel.
The conveyor is made of 12"wide all-steel pintle chain with 3/16"x 3/4"cross bars. Chain strength is 11,000 lbs. per strand; 22,000 lbs. total weight. The drive sprockets are 6-tooth cast iron, on a 1-1/8" diameter shaft. The conveyor chain has an adjustment range of 3-1/2". The drive shaft has heavy-duty, sealed, self-aligning ball bearings with grease fittings. The idler drum has heavy-duty 1" diameter ball bearings.
CONVEYOR GEAR CASE
Gear is constructed of aluminum bronze, worm gear is hardened steel and ground. Housing is made of durable cast iron. Gear ratio is 20:1 with 1" input shaft and 1-1/8" output shaft on tapered roller bearings.
Lever operated with a friction lock for accurate adjustment.
SPINNER CHUTE ASSEMBLY
A polymer disc with four fins is connected to a 3/4"diameter shaft secured on two pillow block bearings. The spreading material is guided from the conveyor to the spinner plate through an enclosed 12-gauge chute with internal and external deflectors. Adjustable deflectors allow for complete directional spread control and full or compact spread. Total spread radius ranges from 2' to 25'. The extra wide rear deflector protects the rear and under carriage of the vehicle.
Heavy-duty 10.5 horsepower industrial/commercial Briggs & Stratton gasoline engine. Engine comes equipped with alternator and 12 volt electric starter with in-cab start/stop and electric throttle control (standard). Entire engine is completely protected by the convenient hinged hood.
ELECTRIC THROTTLE CONTROL
Throttle control unit allows for full-range of throttle settings, including idle and full choke, via the in-cab hopper control box. Use of electric throttle control eliminates cable freezing, binding and breaking.
12 volt DC electric clutch has a three-position in-cab switch, for greater control and material economy. Also allows for low speed operation and spot spreading.
Body Side Length, 6'; Overall Length, 89"; Capacity Struck, 1.3 cu. yd.; Capacity Rounded, 1.6 cu. yd.; Width, 47"; Height, 32 –1/2"; Recommended Use, 3/4 or 1-Ton Trucks.
Body Side Length, 8'; Overall Length, 113"; Capacity Struck, 1.8 cu. yd.; Capacity Rounded, 2.1 cu. yd.; Width, 47"; Height, 32 –1/2"; Recommended Use, 3/4 or 1-Ton Trucks.
Body Side Length, 10'; Overall Length, 113"; Capacity Struck, 2.3 cu. yd.; Capacity Rounded, 2.7 cu. yd.; Width, 47"; Height, 32 –1/2"; Recommended Use,1 Ton Dumps or Flatbed Trucks.
IDEAL FOR HEAVY DUTY MUNICIPAL & COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS.
Gas Engine or Hydraulic Drive
Designed for dump bodies & flat bodies with a GVW chassis of 15,000 to 20,000 lbs. and is available with either hydraulic motor drive or 10-1/2 HP gas engine.
- Self-contained hopper.
- Spreads free flowing materials sand and/or salt.
- Spread width of 4' to 30'.
- 12 gauge 304 stainless steel with continuously welded seams.
- All hopper sides are formed with a continuous "J" channel profile for added rigidity and strength. Six (6) 12 gauge body gussets.
- Optimum material feed is maintained by hopper side walls sloped at 45°.
- Heavy-duty 4-section hinged top grate is standard. Bars are 1/4" diameter located on 3" center grid.
- Built-in four corner lift points.
- 12-1/2" wide, all steel pintle chain conveyor with 1/4" x 1" crossbars on 4-5/8" centers.
- Replaceable 10 gauge stainless steel chain shields.
- Replaceable 10 gauge stainless steel conveyor floor.
- 10 gauge stainless steel inverted "V".
- Conveyor driven by 20:1 ratio worm gearbox utilizing tapered bearings.
- Conveyor chain is adjustable for chain take up, providing optimum performance and drive life.
- Chain drive and idler sprockets are 6-tooth cast sprockets keyed to 1-1/4" shafts.
- Conveyor chain wiper minimizes waste.
- Spinner chute has two adjustable internal baffles.
- Four (4) external baffles (3 adjustable, 1 fixed).
- 18" x 3/4" thick polyurethane spinner disc.
- Hydraulic model's chute utilizes four (4) spring loaded stainless steel quick detach pins for ease of: material unloading, tow hitch access and storage.
- Bolt-on spinner housing minimizes replacement cost.
- Hydraulic Drive: Two independent hydraulic motors (15 GPM @ 1,500 PSI).
- Gas Engine: 10.5 horsepower Briggs & Stratton.
- Nylon strap mounting kit.
- Tailgate latch kit.
- Liquid spray system, electric.
- Stainless steel D.O.T. spreader light bar.
- 4 cu. yd. -- Overall length, 108"; Width, 70"; Height, 45"; Recommended use, dump bodies and flat beds with a GVW chassis of 15,000 to 20,000 lbs.
- 4-1/2 cu. yd. -- Overall length, 120"; Width, 70"; Height, 45"; Recommended use, dump bodies and flat beds with a GVW chassis of 15,000 to 20,000 lbs.
- 4 cu. ft. Gas Engine
- 4 cu. ft. Hydraulic Motor
- 4.5 cu. ft. Gas Engine
- 4.5 cu. ft. Hydraulic Motor